Closed
New Poll

Searching For Staff! -- Closed!
Isadorabelle
 Posted: Jun 2 2013, 12:21 PM

Administrator
Group: Admin

We're all set, people!!! So here's what you should do now....
WORK US!

Alright Jr Time Lords!
(Hey, at least I didn't say daleks.)

We're hiring! Sci-Fi Freaks would like to have some staff positions filled before we crack open this can of crazy. So far we have only one staff position filled out of three. If you're interested, keep reading! The responsibilities are outlined below.

In addition helping sci-fi fans and boards hookup, you'll have the sci-fi button of your choice static in the sidebar (which is coming as soon as I find the code I'm looking for). It's more promotion for your favorite sci-fi site!

Staff Position Responsibilities
  • If someone is an asshole, call them out on it. I don’t mean standard sarcasm, but really offensive behavior. (I.E. racism, non-constructive criticism, etc.) If said member does not respond, temporarily suspend their account until it can be addressed by the admin. Unless they are habitual, they’ll likely be moderated but in the case of someone that has been a nuisance and largely just a troll, they may be banned. (As far as typical behavior goes though, we’re all adults. We’re gonna use foul language. But, there’s a difference between just a dirty mouth—or fingertips, if I may—and pure hateful, juvenile, destructive behavior.)
  • When a request is dead (not replied to or bumped for a month) move it to the Graveyard. This area isn’t moderated by a specific staff member, but from time to time everyone should kind of browse it and see if anything needs to be moved. Depending on where it’s move from ([P] from the personals area, [C] from the classifieds, challenges don’t have a letter) you put that, then move it to the Graveyard.
  • All staff members should also be subscribed to the move request thread so that if someone requests something moved to the Graveyard or from it, someone can take care of it. When we get bigger this may be left up to one or two staffers, but while we’re small it shouldn’t be too taxing to share the responsibility.
  • Each staff member would have two classified categories to keep an eye on. These responsibilities would include making sure new ads follow the rules, at the end of the month picking the most active site from each of your categories, and pruning old ads as well as making sure that they keep to the rules. The rules are in the forum rules of all the categories and easily seen by everyone.
If any of it is too overwhelming, responsibilities can be moved and more staffers hired. While we’re small though, I don’t expect to need a whole lot of people, hence only three in addition to myself.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Scythe
 Posted: Jun 10 2013, 07:03 PM

Go Getter
Group: The Staff

I'd be willing to be staff. If it helps my offer any, I'm learning coding. but, nonetheless, I'd be willing to help out this place however I can.
PMEmailWebsiteMSN
^
Isadorabelle
 Posted: Jun 10 2013, 11:10 PM

Administrator

Oooh, awesome!!! That'd be great. There's no application or anything like that, so I can just move you. It'll have to wait until tomorrow though because I'm about to drag my tired butt to bed and I'd rather be a little more alert and able to be a litlte more welcoming for that task.

Anyway, welcome to the staff then and thanks for picking up that torch!

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Scythe
 Posted: Jun 11 2013, 10:41 AM

Go Getter
Group: The Staff

Okay, gotcha. And no problem, just trying to help out.
PMEmailWebsiteMSN
^
Isadorabelle
 Posted: Jun 11 2013, 03:46 PM

Administrator

Ok, PMed you about it!!!

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

SKINNED BY CATHULHU OF RPG-D

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
RPG-Directory 

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ONLY AFFILIATE WITH OTHER DIRECTORIES HOWEVER, YOUR BUTTON CAN GET ON THE BOARD VIA CHALLENGES AND ACTIVITY.

Meet the Staff!

Isadorabelle
Scythe
Makakoa